Off-the-Shelf vs. Heavily Endorsed vs. Manuscript Policies
When it comes to Hedge Fund E&O/D&O Insurance policies, don’t settle for a standard off the shelf policy. More and more funds are learning that better and broader alternatives exist, and are switching for the assurance of better coverage at the time of a loss.
At InsureHedge, we recognize the value of heavily-negotiated policy language to hedge funds in terms of affording broader coverage. Coverage attorneys are more skilled at crafting and negotiating coverage enhancements, and often have more leverage with insurance companies than most brokers. But we also recognize the majority of hedge funds are not willing to incur higher premiums and retentions, or pay a lot to an attorney to negotiate broader policy language, even if they do perceive the advantages of a manuscript policy.Until now your only option was a full manuscript policy, which is typically negotiated by a coverage attorney at the fund’s expense, but they can be expensive and have $750,000 minimum retentions, making them impractical for most funds.
InsureHedge now has a better solution. Our Partial Manuscript policy offers almost the same breadth of a custom negotiated manuscript policy for a fraction of the cost. And, similar to a manuscript policy, our solution has been negotiated by a top coverage attorney, but comes without the high premiums, retentions and attorney costs.
Our InsureHedge Solution Includes:
- Partial manuscript policy negotiated by a top E&O/D&O coverage attorney
- State-of-the-art policy language that is continually enhanced so it stays current with market needs
- Pricing that is only marginally more expensive than an off-the-shelf policy
- Complimentary gap analysis between your policy and our solution
- If you have unique coverage needs, complimentary access to a top E&O/D&O coverage attorney to assist
in coverage negotiation on your behalf
- Peace of mind that your policy has the coverage you expect
InsureHedge is well versed in the gamut of manuscripted policy solutions, and invites you to discuss with us the advantages over standard policies. Please contact us to learn more and for a complimentary gap analysis of your current policy.
93 total views, 2 views today